Thursday 26 January 2017

Construction: Han Solo in Carbonite, part 1

It's the school comic con in a few months time and, ever since I went to Destination Star Trek London and was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of room decoration, I've been of the opinion that what every con needs is a bunch of large things to give the location Atmosphere.

I've had a large box sitting about for months that I've been pondering what to do with and I've finally decided: I'm making Han Solo in Carbonite.

I'm starting with the head, because if I can't get a half-decent Harrison Ford-looking head the whole thing will be a disaster. Around Halloween human face masks were in abundance, but now that I want one, I can't find one in a shop anywhere. Thankfully, I finally found one lying about at school, leftover from a Drama Club production.

Using this as a base, I then started (/attempted) to make it more Solo-esque with a pot of All Purpose Filler from Poundland. Best sculpting material in the world? Nope, but it was cheap.


I'm sure it'll get better as time goes on. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment